Cress Seeds (Tukhm-e-Hilyun
₨100.00 – ₨750.00
also known as
Garden Cress Seeds
Scientific Name: Lepidium Sativum
- Good For Eye Health.
- Rich Source Of Vitamin C.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health.
- Good For Dental Health.
- Relieve Constipation And Indigestion.
Garden cress, which is also known as Lepidium sativum is an edible fast-growing herb. Both the stems, seeds and leaves of garden cress are edible but only the stems and leaves can be eaten raw in salads or used for other culinary purposes. The Garden Cress Seeds / Tukhm-e-Hilyun / Ath-Thuffaa / Al-Hurf / Habb Al Rashad (تخم ہلیون) can be roasted or cooked before eating. Garden cress belongs to the cruciferous family and is related to mustard, pepperwort peppergrass and watercress. It is an annual plant with greenish flowers that are clustered in branched tapered shape.
The Hadith that Abu Hanifah referred to is what Abu Ubayd and other scholars have related from Ibn Abbas Radi Allaho Anh that Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam was reported to have said:
“ماذا في الأمرين من الشفاء ؟ الصبر والثفاء”
“What a cure do the two bitter remedies carry, the Thuffaa (Habb-al-Rashaad) and Aloe Vera”.
The health benefits of garden cress seeds have been recognized in Europe and India for decades now.
- Good for eye health.
- Rich source of vitamin C.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Good for dental health.
- Relieve constipation and indigestion.
- Helps to make irregular menstruation become more regular.
- Treat respiratory infection.
- Treat iron deficiency.
- Treat sunburn, irritated skins, dry skin and broken lips.
- Excellent source of protein and iron.
- Helps to treat hair loss.
- Boost the immune system.
- Helps to stimulate the mammary glands to start producing milk in lactating mothers.
- Helps to improve and boost libido.
Diabetic patients avoid use of cress seeds as they lower the blood sugar level.